NaphCare’s Off-Site Management Team streamlines the process involved when an inmate’s medical needs require care outside of their jail or prison. For each of our clients, this dedicated team manages all hospital and physician appointments, network development, provider contracting, case management, on-site specialty services, medical records, claims processing, and numerous clinical and financial reporting systems.
The services begin with NaphCare’s contracting experts working closely with local hospitals and physicians to build a network that encompasses all the specialties necessary for comprehensive care. NaphCare negotiates contracts with these providers at discounted rates to ensure that our clients are purchasing medical services at appropriate, market-driven prices.
Once the network is built, NaphCare is able to schedule appointments efficiently, retrieve medical records quickly, process and pay claims timely and provide ongoing data analysis to the sites.
NaphCare schedules off-site appointments from our corporate office in Birmingham via our award winning application TechCare® and TechCare Online. Through these platforms, we are able to exchange important health and financial information between the correctional facility, the hospital or physician, and NaphCare. Every detail is tracked through TechCare® to maintain efficiencies and coordinate care. The system allows us to monitor all off-site care in an effort to find opportunities to reduce costs for our partners and bring specialty providers on-site.
From our central office, our experienced departments organize and execute every step of an off-site encounter with the priority on full communication and cooperation for the most organized, cost-efficient, and safe results.
NaphCare provides all of the following services:
- Off-site care and specialty medical services
- Centralized scheduling for off-site appointments
- Obtaining official medical records for hospital services
- Developing preferred provider networks and negotiated rates with providers
- Acting as a liaison with providers regarding service, security concerns, or other issues
- Paying claims accurately and promptly based on contracted rates
- Providing effective inpatient case management
- Customized reports
- Helping maintain JCAHO and ACA standards through the compliant accomplishment of our services